Sweating is a body’s natural way to get rid of heat and to cool down. Some individual sweats more profusely than others. Sweating in hot or humid climate is normal. But there are some individuals who sweat excessively. These excessive sweating is a medical disorder called as hyperhidrosis. Among the face, hands and feet, armpit or axillary hyperhidrosis is the most common one.
Antiperspirants and deodorants can worsen axillary hyperhidrosis in some. Furthermore antiperspirants contain strong chemicals that can be toxic and dangerous for some individuals.
Tips on how to prevent armpit sweating naturally-
Severe excessive sweating may require medical consideration and treatment. However, mild to moderate armpit sweating can be considerably reduced by some natural remedies.
- Clothing- Wear loose fitting clothes to allow proper air and cool the body. Instead of synthetic clothes, wear cotton or natural fiber clothes as synthetic clothes tend to trap more heat and cause you to sweat more.
- Diet- Avoid eating foods that are known to trigger excessive armpit sweat. Foods such as strong spices like pepper, chilies, sugary desserts, caffeine containing foods and beverages and spicy curries. Spices such as garlic can worsen your body odor. Also avoid foods such as raw fruits and vegetables, red meat and dairy products etc. that are hard to digest.
- Manage stress- Axillary hyperhidrosis is most often triggered by anxiety, stress, tension and other psychological factors. Therefore, the best way to reduce armpit sweat is to manage stress by practicing regular stress managing exercises and breathing exercises. Yoga and meditation works best in relieving stress and also keeps your body and mind sound and healthy. This is one of the best tips on how to prevent armpit sweating naturally.
- Cornstarch- You can either powder your armpit with cornstarch or mild baby powders in order to absorb the moisture from the armpit. Dusting with powders will reduce sweat as well as the odor from your armpit.
- Lemon- Apply fresh lemon juice on the armpit to neutralize the body odor. Applying apple cider vinegar to your underarms will also help in reducing the odor. Both helps in restoring the pH balance in the skin.
- Bathing regularly- This is another effective tips on how to prevent armpit sweating naturally. Regular bathing and cleansing of the body (underarms) helps in getting rid of the odor causing bacteria and prevents bacteria from building in the armpit skin. Use bathing gels instead of soaps while bathing. Soaps containing antibacterial effect such as tea tree oil can be used.
- Apple cider vinegar- Soak a cotton swab in apple cider vinegar and apply this soaked cotton on your underarms. The antibacterial property in apple cider vinegar reduces excessive sweating and also refreshes the armpit area eliminating foul odor.
- Baking soda- Dusting 1 to 1 1/2 spoons of baking soda on the underarms daily in the morning is another effective remedy on how to prevent armpit sweating naturally. Baking soda effectively absorbs moisture and destroys the odor causing bacteria from the armpit skin.
- Tea tree oil- Rub few drops of natural tea tree oil on your armpits daily in the morning before applying deodorant. Tea tree oil kills bacteria and decreases sweating thus, reducing odor naturally.
These are some of the tips to prevent armpit sweating naturally.
- How to get rid of Sweaty Hands Naturally?
- All You Need to Know About How to Stop Armpit Sweating
- Why Am I Sweating More Under One Armpit than the Other?
- How to Stop Armpit Sweating with Baking Soda!
- How to Prevent Sweaty Armpits
- How to Prevent Sweaty Hands
- Cost of Laser Armpit Sweating Treatment
- How to Stop Underarm Sweating
- Why Are My Hands Always Sweaty?
- What to do About Excessive Underarm Sweating
- Deodorant without Aluminum
- How to Prevent Sweating