What are deodorants?
Deodorants are products available in the form of stick or gel that is used to eliminate body odor caused by excessive sweating. Bad odor comes due to reaction of bacteria with the sweat glands. Deodorant contains alcohol that helps to reduce odor producing bacteria on your skin. You can apply deodorant on your armpits, palms and feet. Deodorants are fragranced with some flavors.
What are antiperspirants?
Antiperspirants are products that are used to control or prevent excessive sweating. Antiperspirants contain active ingredient aluminium chloride or hexahydrate which helps to block the sweat producing pores. They reduce sweat on the skin and thus prevent bacteria from producing odor. A good antiperspirant should contain at least 10% of aluminium chloride. Stronger antiperspirants can irritate your skin so it is better that you start with milder ones.
What is the best deodorant and antiperspirant to use for excessive sweating?
Best deodorant is one which can eliminate stinky odor from the body and the best antiperspirants are those which can effectively reduce the amount of sweat production in the body.
Products containing aluminium chlorohydrate or aluminium zirconium is more effective. Some deodorants that are helpful in eliminating odor are:
- Certain Dri: Certain Dri is in a form of roll-on deodorant. It is effective in treating body odor.
- Drysol deodorant: Drysol deodorant is a roll-on deodorant containing aluminium chloride (30%). It is faster in controlling body odor than other products.
- Driclor: Driclor is one of the popular deodorants in the world. It doesn’t dry out rapidly like other deodorants. Confirm with your doctor before using Driclor as there are chances of skin rashes and itching.
- DeodoRite: It is one of the effective and safe natural deodorants that can reduce odor. It is oral deodorant which you have to be taken it orally. It helps to detoxify toxins and improve the liver functions.
- Secure wipes: These wipes are effective in reducing facial excessive sweating. Try lower strength (1 to 4%) because higher degree of medicine may cause irritation and redness on the skin. But secure wipes will dry your sweat immediately.
Antiperspirants are more effective in reducing excessive sweating. Antiperspirants can be in the form of gel, spray, cream or powder or lotion. They contain aluminium salts as an active ingredient such as aluminium chloride or aluminium chlorohydrate or aluminium zirconium. Some people who are allergic to aluminium salts can have antiperspirant with potassium salts.
Solid sticks, creams or gels antiperspirants are best than liquid sprays. They cover the sweat gland better than liquids. The aluminium salt works by blocking the sweat glands and preventing the escape of the sweat onto the skin. Antiperspirants are best for underarm sweating. They cannot be used on the face as the facial area is soft and sensitive.
The best deodorant and antiperspirant is the one that has the combination of both the formula to give you long lasting effect.
- Drysol: Drysol is the most popular choice among antiperspirants because it gives long-lasting protection from excessive sweating. Drysol can be used underarms, feet and hands. It comes with varying degree of percentage ranging from mild to strong.
Odaban: Odaban is an effective sweat blocking spray that blocks the pores to reduce sweating. It can use for a long-term and even during pregnancy. Odaban contains silicon based agent (non-aqueous) that causes reduced skin irritation.
- How to Choose the Best Antiperspirant for Women?
- Deodorant without Aluminum
- Arm and Hammer Deodorant
- Benefits of Aluminum Free Deodorant
- Best Deodorant For Sweating
- How to Choose Deodorant for Kids?
- Best Antiperspirants for Men
- Effective Home Remedies on How to get rid of Foot odor.
- Treatments for Excessive Sweating or hyperhidrosis