Excessive sweating is medically termed as hyperhidrosis. Sweating is normal as it happens to every individual while performing any physical activity in a hot atmosphere or sleeping with thick clothes on in a warm weather. When there is an occurrence of profuse sweating without any reason then it can lead to severe sweating disorder which known as excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis. Excessive sweating in teenage girls is common as it usually occurs at the time of puberty (adolescent). During puberty, the hormone level increases and so, it plays a vital role in releasing of sweats from the body. Before opting for any treatment for excessive sweating in teenage girls, it is very important to know the main causes it.
Causes for Excessive Sweating in Teenage Girls:
- Medications: Some medication can lead to excessive sweating in teenage girls. Medications such as aspirin, anti-depressants, niacin, insulin for diabetes, cortisone, tamoxifine, nitroglycerine, prednisone, hydralazine and medications for fever.
- Infections: Teenage girls who are suffering from infectious diseases such as, tuberculosis, endocarditis, osteomyelitis, hepatitis and AIDS can cause excessive sweating.
- Hormonal disorder: Some hormonal disorders such as hyperthyroidism (hyperactivity of thyroid glands) and pheochromocytoma (rare rumor in the adrenal gland) can lead to excessive sweating teen girls. Adrenal glands are located in the kidney.
- Cancer: Teenage girls who are suffering from particular cancer like leukemia and lymphoma can experience excessive sweating. Acute lymphocytic leukemia and acute myelogenous are the most common type of cancers which are found in the teenage girls. These cancers attack the white blood cells. The symptoms are of this type of cancers are, bruising, fever, fatigue, loss of weight and excessive sweating at night.
- Hypoglycemia: Hypoglycemia happens to those teens that are under medication of insulin or oral medication for diabetes. Teenage girls who are under these conditions suffer from low blood sugar level.
- Neurological conditions: Some neurological conditions in teenage girl can lead to excessive sweating. These conditions include autonomic neuropathy (affects the nerves of digestive system and bladders muscles), syringomyelia (spinal cord disorder) and sleeping disorder (sleep apnea). Autoimmune diseases such as lupus can also cause excessive sweating in teenage girls.
Treatment for Excessive Sweating in Girls:
- Drink water a lot: Water helps in maintaining your body temperature. It excretes the wastes (excess minerals) out of the body. This treatment will also release all the toxins out of the body. So, drink minimum 6 to 8 glasses of water daily.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is an ancient method for preventing excessive sweating. This method will help you in balancing your energy and it relaxes your mind. It also controls the hypothalamus which is responsible for producing sweat.
- Avoid spicy and chemically preserved foods: Teenage girls should avoid in consuming spicy foods like curries and chemically preserved foods which are greasy, frozen, pre-made and fast foods. These foods are responsible for excessive sweating in girls.
- Go with natural fibers: Try to wear natural fiber clothes such as cotton and woolen. This type of clothes will help your skin breathe properly. They create an plenty of space around your underarm area and this way air can pass through and prevent excessive sweating.