The sudden sweating for no reason in men usually occurs in the night. This condition is known as night sweat or hot flashes. Men who are suffering from night sweats have to face a wet bed sheets and drenched clothes due to sweating. As mentioned above that night sweats can occur in men with no reason meaning that, sweating is not caused by the external heat of the body or environment. So, here are some causes for night sweats or hot flashes in men. These are as follows:
Causes for Sudden Sweating for No Reason in Men:
- Andropause: Men go through a certain phase in their life which leads to sweating at night and that’s Andropause. Andropause is a stage where the men hormones the level of testosterone decreases. During this condition, men experience hot flashes at night. Remember this Andropause phase is not a medical condition.
- Cancer: Men have a risk of getting two types of cancer namely, testicular and prostate cancer. These cancers affect the hormone level in men. If man is suffering from night sweats and testicular pain then he should contact a doctor. Another cause can be a tumor can be detected on the pituitary gland (hypothalamus) if there is sudden sweating for no reason in men.
- Infections: Infections such as, tuberculosis, endocarditis, osteomyelitis, abscesses and AIDS can causes sweating in men at night.
- Dietary concerns: Sometimes a food containing MSG (Mono Sodium Glutamate) can be the cause for sweating in men. If you experience night sweat after consuming any food which consists of MSG then try to avoid those foods.
- Aging hormones: PADAM (Partial Androgen Deficiency of Aging Male) can also cause a sudden sweating in men. This condition mainly occurs at the age of 50’s or 60’sand 30’s in men.
- Hypoglycemia: Men who suffer from hypoglycemia have a very low blood sugar level and this leads to sweating at night in men.
- Medications: Taking certain medications can lead to night sweats such as insulin for diabetes, anti-depressants for depressions and niacin etc.
Treatment for Sudden Sweating for No Reason in Men:
- Schisandra: Schisandra is also known as Schisandra chinensis. This is a natural supplement which is used to treat night in men. Schisandra is usually found in the Northern China and some parts of Russia. The fruit of this herb is used as a medicine. Besides preventing night sweat it also cures asthma, influenza, liver diseases, and diarrhea and digestive disorders. Schisandra is astringent, anti-tussive, adaptogen ad antioxidant.
- Sage: Sage is also known as Salvia officinalis. This herb is astringent, carminative and does not contain any bacteria. This herb helps treating night sweats and breathing disorders. Sage is usually found in the Mediterranean region and has a small green colored shrub. This herb consists of tannins and resins which makes this remedy more effective for night sweats.
- Astragalus: Astragalus is flowering plant which can be found in Korea, north and east part of China and Mongolia. This plant is also known as astragalus membranaceus. The roots of astragalus are used for making the medications. This plant is antiviral, adaptogen improves the immune system and it is used in chemotherapies and treating AIDS. Astragalus cures night sweats in men.