Sweat is a liquid which comes out from sweat glands to the surface of our skin. Whenever there is hot atmosphere, feeling of nervous or stressful situation and illness than we start to sweat. The term for sweat is called sweating. When we are sweating the heat is taken away in the form of sweat. There are two types of sweat glands, these are:
- Eccrine Glands: Eccrine glands are numerous and they can be found all over our body. This gland produces sweats which consist of sodium chloride (salt), uric acid and vitamin C.
- Apocrine Glands: Apocrine glands are mainly found in the armpits (axillary), and genital areas which are connected to hair follicles. This glands produces sweat when a person is feeling upset, frighten or in pain.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF SWEATING:
- Facial Sweating: In facial sweating, the sweat comes out from the face. This can be really annoying but there is a remedy for this kind of sweating. You can use a cloth to soak up the sweats. Those who are facing excessive sweating can consult their doctor for an effective medication.
- Sweating Feet: Sweating feet causes bacteria in the area of the feet resulting in yeast infections. So, to prevent sweating of the feet you can use sweat pads which will absorb the sweat and controls the bad odor. You can even use activated carbon to prevent your feet from yeast infections.
- Sweating Armpits: Sweating in the armpits is more noticeable and the most embarrassing case of sweat problems. This type of sweat has a distinctively bad odor and leaves stains in our clothes. The remedy for this problem is to use deodorants, sweat pads and follow more hygienic habits like regular bathing.
Other than these sweating problems, there is one type of sweating which are faced by most of the people -sweating while eating.
WHY DO I SWEAT WHEN I EAT?
The medical term for sweating while eating is called Gustatory sweating .In gustatory sweating the sweat comes out on the face, forehead, scalp and neck. Normally when we consume hot and spicy food this kind of sweating tends to happen. Gustatory sweating can damage the nerve which is connected to theparotid gland.
REASONS FOR GUSTATORY SWEATING:
Physiological Response: Consuming of food which is hot and spicy like chilies, hot ketchup etc will automatically heat up your body. This heat which is produced will come out in the outer surface of the body in the form of sweat mainly on the face, forehead, neck and scalp.
Non-Physiological Response: Non-physiological response mostly includes medical causes such as:
Diabetes where there is damage in the pancreas.
Neurological Problem: Viruses creating neurological complications like herpes.
Nerve Damage, which can later cause communication breakdown.
The remaining causative factors for gustatory are:
Disease of the central nervous system (A diffuse form of gustatory).
REMEDIES TO STOP SWEATING WHILE EATING:
- Avoid Spicy Food: Be specific about what you eat. While eating, try to avoid spicy food, aerated drinks which contains high amount of soda like cold drinks. Other stuffs such as chocolates, junk foods and coffee or tea can also stimulate sweat.
- Allergic Reactions: People who sweat while eating can have allergic reactions also. They might be allergic to the food that they eat like: fish and eggs. So the best way is to avoid that food or consult the doctor.
- Vitamin B: Foods containing B vitamin such as whole grains (cereals and breads), fruits (watermelon, oranges and bananas) and vegetables (peas, carrots and sweet potatoes).