Menopause is a part of every woman’s life cycle. It is a period when a woman’s regular monthly period has ceased completely, making her infertile. The ovary stops completely from shedding eggs and this marks the end of woman’s reproductive life. After menopause, post menopause arrives. The beginning of post menopause shows that a woman cannot get pregnant anymore.
Hormonal changes during menopause are accompanied with several related menopausal symptoms. Women suffer from menopause symptoms such as headache, dizziness, hot flashes or night sweats, nausea, mood swings, vaginal atrophy, loss of libido, muscle and joint pains, cramps, tiredness, weakness and loss of appetites.
There are many therapies to treat menopause symptoms. Medications, drugs and hormone replacement therapies are also available. But these treatments are associated with many side-effects. Therefore, the best option is to go for menopause natural remedies. Natural remedies are effective in treating menopause symptoms without causing any complications.
Menopause Natural Remedies- Herbs to Treat Menopause!
Many plants and herbs are known to be effective in reducing menopause symptoms. Herbs that are used to treat menopause are as follows-
- GINSENG- Ginseng is a natural phytoestrogens containing plant. The roots of ginseng if taken regularly can help to treat menopause symptoms. They help in the production of the estrogen hormones and thus, help to balance the decreased estrogen level.
- GINKGO BILOBA- It is one of the oldest menopause remedial herbs used to treat menopause symptoms. The leaves and seeds parts of the plant are used for the treatment of different diseases like Alzheimer’s disease.
- RED CLOVER- Red clover is another herb that supplies estrogen to the body because of the presence of estrogen-like component- phytoestrogens.
- DONG QUAI- Dong quai herb is known to regulate regular periods and help to balance hormonal changes in the body caused by low levels of estrogen. They are very effective in treating hot flashes and night sweats.
- MACAFEM- Macafem is a non-estrogenic herbal plant which helps to stimulate the production of the hormone estrogen. They also stabilize the hormone levels in the body.
- BLACK COHOSH- Black cohosh contains high levels of estrogen-like phytoestrogens. Due to this, it is able to increase the levels of estrogen in large amounts. Black cohosh is an effective remedy for menopause symptoms, especially good in treating hot flashes and night sweats.
Natural Remedies for Menopause-
- Vitamin E supplements: Vitamin E supplements are known to improve menopause symptoms.
- Diet: A diet rich with nutrients can help to manage menopause symptoms like hot flashes, headaches, weaknesses etc. A healthy diet should be supplemented with foods and vegetables rich in phytoestrogens. The phytoestrogens lignans is found in flaxseed and the phytoestrogens isoflavones is found in soy beans, chick peas and peas. Including these foods in your daily diet can help in managing menopause symptoms to a great extent.
- De-stressing: Stress can be one of the reasons for menopause symptoms like hot flashes. Managing stress through yoga and daily breathing exercises can help you to reduce stress. Yoga helps to relieve stress and keeps your body as well as mind sound and healthy. Exercise regularly for 30 to 40 minutes. You can do regular walk, this will help in proper circulation of the blood.
Most importantly keep yourself calm and cool. Wear loose fitting, light cotton clothes to keep your body cool. Flaxseed oil and primrose oils can also help. They help in the production of estrogen hormones too.
- Effective Herbs for Menopause Symptoms in Women!
- Natural Remedies to Manage Hot Flashes
- Common Symptoms of Menopause in Women
- Pre Menopause Symptoms
- Post Menopause Excessive Sweating
- Natural Remedies for Hot Flashes and Night Sweats
- What are Post Menopause Symptoms?
- Is My Excessive Sweating Due to Menopause?
- What Causes Hot Flashes in Women?
- Is Excessive Sweating a Sign of a Problem in Women?
- Night Sweats in Women
- Know What can Cause Hot Flashes in Men and Women
- How to get rid of Stinky Feet through Natural and Home remedies!
- Night Sweats in Women Under 40