Sweating is the body’s natural way of cooling and reducing the internal core temperature. It is very vital for the regulation of body temperature. However, some individual sweats more than it is necessary. This too much sweating is called as hyperhidrosis. There are a number of ways on how to decrease and control sweating naturally without any medicine treatment.
This condition affects both men and women equally and usually starts during adolescence or childhood. Profuse sweating is due to overactive sweat glands, causing them to produce excess sweat than required by the body. The main affected body parts include palms, underarms and soles of the feet.
Tips on how to decrease and control sweating-
Other than medicines, antiperspirants, Botox, Iontopheresis and surgery there are simple and natural remedies to decrease and control sweating.
- Drinking plenty of water- Water is a natural drink that cools the body and helps in maintaining the normal body temperature. Water flushes out all the toxins from the body. One should drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day for reducing body’s temperature and thus, reducing sweating.
- Avoid foods and drinks that trigger sweating- Avoid drinking caffeine containing drinks and foods such as coffee and dark chocolates. Caffeine is a stimulant and is known to cause anxiety which in turn triggers excessive sweating. Foods such as hot and spicy curries and dishes, red meats, garlic, onions and any food items that have a strong smell and flavor should be avoided. This is one of the natural remedies on how to decrease and control sweating naturally.
- Wearing proper clothes- Cotton and linen clothes allow the sweats to escape out thereby, allowing the body to stay cool. These fabrics prevent large accumulation of sweats on the skin surface. Stay away from synthetic clothing. Also wear loose fitting clothes as tight clothes can suffocate your body by not allowing enough air to circulate around the skin. Inadequate air around the skin surface facilitates the sweat glands to produce more sweat. Instead of dark color clothes wear light colored dresses because light colored wears absorb lesser light than darker color ones. This will allow your skin to breathe more and absorb sweat rapidly.
- Manage stress- It has found that stress, tension and anxiety immediately trigger the sweat glands to produce excessive sweat. Therefore, try to stay calm in any stressful situations or events. Try natural ways to reduce stress such as yoga and meditations. They help to calm down the nerves and also work on proper breathing. Yoga unites the body and mind to calm down the nerves. Relax your body as much as possible. This is an effective way on how to decrease and control sweating.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking- Alcohol enhances the natural blood flow and also increases heart rate this in turn raises the temperature. Alcohol also broadens the blood vessels on the skin and boosts undue sweating. Avoid smoking cigarettes too. They contain chemicals that affect the adrenaline levels thereby, increasing sweating.
- Consume herbal tea- Sage tea is effective in regulating normal sweat production. Another herbal tea that helps in preventing sweating is hot or cold green tea. Green tea helps in cooling down the body.