MEN DO HAVE NIGHT SWEAT
What is Night Sweat?
At night, in case of a overheated atmosphere in the bedroom or if there is excessive layering of clothes in your bed you may tend to sweat profusely. Night sweat is medically termed as hot flash. Under this condition there is hot flushed feeling and drenching perspiration. This can even cause insomnia and disrupt the quality of life.
Night Sweating in Men:
Night sweat is generally referred to as excessive sweating which happens due to the hot temperature in the environment. The night sweat makes the bedding and the night clothes wet. Though, night sweat is normal which happens to both men and women however, there are medical reasons related to it and may need medical treatment as well.
Causes of Night Sweat in Men:
- Hyperhidrosis: Hyperhidrosis affect both men and women. In this condition, the formation of sweating is uncontrollable and without any medical cause.
- Low testosterone: The low stability level of hormone in men such as testosterone can cause night sweat. Especially when a man becomes older day by day, the stability level of testosterone starts to decreases. This is one of the symptoms of Andropause which is similar to the menopause stage in women. Men who are under hormone therapy treatment for prostate cancer may suffer from night sweats.
- Lymphoma: One of the cancers named lymphoma causes night sweat. Along with night sweating this cancer attacks the lymphatic system and weakens the immune system causing fatigue and itchiness in skin.
- Respiratory Infections: Some of the respiratory infections can cause night sweat in men. A bacterial infection-pneumonia affects the lungs causing night sweat and high fever. The Epstein-Barr is a virus which also causes night sweat.
- Medication: Medications such as nitroglycerin, anti-depressant and Viagra can cause night sweat in men.
- Stress: Stress in a man’s body increases the levels of adrenalin, heart rate and also affects the sweat glands causing night sweat.
- Idiopathic hyperhidrosis: In idiopathic hyperhidrosis the sweat usually forms in specific areas of the body-namely the hands, feet, scalp and armpits.
- Medical conditions: Medical conditions such as-cancer, infections, hypoglycemia and tuberculosis can also cause night sweat in men. AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome) causes night sweat as the body loses the ability to fight against infections.
- Neurological Problems: Men who are suffering from neurological problems like, autonomic neuropathy, cerebral palsy and epilepsy can suffer from night sweat.
Remedies for Night Sweat in Men:
- Sage tea: Sage is a herbal remedy which is used to prevent night sweat in men. For preparing a sage tea you just have to soak the tea leaves in a hot water for 10 minutes. Discard the leaves, add a teaspoon of honey to the filtered liquid and wait till it cools and gulp it.
- Astragals: Astragals control night sweat and also improves blood circulation. You can get these astragals in the form of herbal supplements.
- Chaste berry: Men who are suffering from night sweat due to Andropause can use a herbal called the chaste berry to treat the excess sweat issue.
- OSHA: OSHA restrains the virus and bacteria which initiates night sweating in men and it also reduces toxins from the body through perspiration.