Underarm yellow staining of clothes occurs due to chemical reaction between the active ingredients in anti-perspirant and the salts present in the sweat. Stain weakens the fabric and also harbors sweaty odors.
These stains are tough stains and cannot be removed simply by washing. Some extra care and pre-washing methods need to be done prior to usual cleaning of the clothes.
Tips on how to remove sweat stains from clothes-
The best way to treat hard stains is to prevent the buildup of permanent stains on the clothes and to treat the stained areas before they permanently set in. In order to prevent stains on your clothes avoid applying thick anti-perspirant underarms. Thin and even application will dry faster and is less likely to stain your clothes.
There are various methods on how to remove sweat stains from clothes. These treatments are best in de-staining the tuff stains and stop sweat odors.
However, one should read the label first before trying to remove stains from any fabrics. Certain delicate fabrics such as wool and silks must be left to professional dry cleaners and launderers.
- Use right cleaning detergents- Use good liquid detergents that contain oxygenated ingredients or enzyme based products to remove tough stains. Apply liquid detergent directly on the stain and rub the detergent with your fingers to cover the entire sweat stain. Let it remain soaked in the fabric for half an hour. Later wash the clothes as usual and air dry in open until the stains vanishes away. This pre-treatment with enzymes will prevent the stain from setting in and is a good way on how to remove sweat stains from clothes.
- Using hair shampoo- Rub in hair shampoo to the sweat stain then gently scrub the stain area with a cloth. Allow the stain to remain soaked in shampoo for 15 minutes and wash it.
- Avoid bleach- Avoid bleaching your sweat stain clothes as bleaching can worsen the sweat stains. This is because chlorine present in bleach reacts with proteins present in sweat, causing the stains to appear even darker.
- Baking soda- Pretreat the sweat stained clothes with a paste made from 4 tablespoons of baking soda with ¼ cup of warm water. Apply the baking soda paste on the stains and leave the paste to dry for about 2 hours before washing it.
- Hydrogen peroxide- Hydrogen peroxide breakdown the sweat proteins in stains and prevent your clothes from yellowish color staining. Make a mixture by adding equal amounts of water and hydrogen peroxide and soak the sweat stain clothes in it for half an hour before washing it. Later wash the clothes with cool water and air dry the clothes. Abstain from drying in a dryer because it can heat set the stain.
- Vinegar- Prepare a solution by adding equal amounts of vinegar and water and apply the solution to the stains. Let the stains soak in this solution for 30 minutes before you laundry them as usual. You can remove sweat stains from clothes by gently scrubbing the stain with undiluted vinegar laundering them.
- Salt- Another method on how to remove sweat stains from clothes is using water and salt solution. Dissolve few tablespoons of salt in hot water and rub it on the stain until the stain disappears.
- How to get rid of Stinky Feet through Natural and Home remedies!
- Best Deodorant For Sweating
- How to Stop Armpit Sweating with Baking Soda!
- All You Need to Know About How to Stop Armpit Sweating
- Effective Home Remedies on How to get rid of Foot odor.
- How to Stop Underarm Sweating
- How to Stop Feet from Sweating