What is meant by hyperhidrosis?
Excessive sweating is called Hyperhidrosis. In this stage, there is an abnormal formation of sweat .And it can cause a severe damage to the health.
CAUSES OF EXCESSIVE SWEATING OR HYPERHIDROSIS:
Hyperhidrosis can be categorized into 2 main groups:
- Primary Hyperhidrosis
- Secondary Hyperhidrosis
- Primary Hyperhidrosis: Primary hyperhidrosis is also known as idiopathic hyperhidrosis. In this case the exact cause for sweating is unknown. Excessive sweating may occur even without taking drugs or without suffering from any medical ailment. Basically, it is localized in the specific part of the body like:
Secondary Hyperhidrosis: Besides medical ailments excessive sweating may be caused due to menopause (menopause is experienced by every women either before or after she stops menstruating) or due to side effects caused on account of certain medications.
Low blood sugar
Medical experts have claimed that both the types’ hyperhidrosis are hereditary.
REMEDIES FOR EXCESSIVE SWEATING:
These days the market is flooded with numerous treatment options for excessive sweating:
Iontophoresis: Iontophoresis is a process where your doctor uses an operating device and plugs out the sweat ducts. This treatment is temporary so, you have to go for the treatment every 2-4 weeks. This process involves injecting electric pulses through water into the affected area for about 15 to 20 min each session. The no. of sessions involved in the treatment varies depending on the severity of the condition.
- Botox Injections: These days the most happening treatment that people are following is the Botox injections. Under this treatment, Botox injections are applied to those specific parts of the body where excessive sweats are formed. The cost of the treatment is expensive ranging from$200-$300 for each part of the body that is injected (eg: armpits and hands).The effect of botox injections last for about 9 months and needs to be repeated for further treatment of excessive sweating.
As, we can now see that professional treatment for excessive sweating is unaffordable for some of us, you could switch over to natural remedies such as:
- Sage Tea: Boil the sage tea leaves for 10 minutes and it is more effective when consumed in the morning. This will help you to reduce your excessive sweating problem.
- Baking Soda: Before going to sleep just take a teaspoon of baking soda and mix with water and drink it up. This can significantly address your sweating issue.
- Vinegar: Try using Apple cider vinegar; just combine 2 teaspoon of vinegar with 2 teaspoons of honey. Remember you should take this 3 times a day on an empty stomach probably half an hour before your meal.
- Avoid Spicy Food: You should try to avoid spicy foods that cause heat sensation in stomach which further result in formation of excessive sweating.
Hyperhidrosis surgery is one of the treatments for severe excessive sweating. This surgery is also known as Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy (ETS), in this process the nerve junctions which lead to the glands producing sweats in face, scalp and palms is surgically removed.