Excessive sweating of the feet is known as plantar hyperhidrosis. It affects mainly the soles of feet. Excessive sweating can cause bacterial buildup in between the toes and result in smelly feet odor. Furthermore, sweaty feet can ruin shoes, sandals and flats. Therefore, sweaty feet should be treated very early and proper remedies on how to prevent flats from being ruined by sweaty feet should be implemented.
Few simple home remedies to prevent excessive sweaty feet-
Wash feet frequently-
Washing your feet regularly with an anti-bacterial soap or a deodorant soap will kill the bacteria living in the feet. This will reduce sweaty feet as well as feet odor.
Soaking the feet-
Soaking the feet in some solution is one of the best ways to stop sweating and how to prevent flats from being ruined by sweaty feet.
- Soak in tea bags- Steep about 4 to 5 tea bags in a basin of hot water for 20 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool down, and then soak the feet in the tea and water mixture for about 20 minutes. Later, dry the feet with a towel.
- Vinegar and water- Mix a quarter of warm water and half cup of vinegar in a basin. Soak the feet for about 20 minutes and then pat dry with a towel.
- Baking soda and water- Mix one tablespoon of baking soda to a quarter of warm water and mix it properly to completely dissolve the baking soda. Use this mixture to soak the feet for about 20 minutes and dry with a towel.
- Epsom salts and water- One of the helpful remedy to stop sweaty feet is soaking in Epsom salt solution. Mix 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt in a quarter of water. Soak the feet for about 15 to 20 minutes and wash it afterwards. This is one of the effective home remedies to stop sweaty feet and how to prevent flats from being ruined by sweaty feet.
Dusting your feet-
- Baking soda- Baking soda is very effective in absorbing sweat and moisture from the feet. Dust off your feet with baking soda once a day.
- Cornstarch- Sprinkle some cornstarch all over your feet especially, in the gaps between your toes. This can keep your feet away from sweating.
- Talcum powder- Talcum powders or baby powder with anti-bacterial ingredients can be used to dust off the feet.
Wear breathable shoes and socks-
Another way to stop sweaty feet and how to prevent flats from being ruined by sweaty feet is to wear proper shoes that are breathable to your skin around the feet. Instead of canvass or boots or sneakers you can wear open sandals which allow more air for your feet to breath. Choose leather shoes instead of plastic and synthetic shoes. Socks should be clean and made of breathable material such as cotton. Stay away from synthetic fiber socks.
Ginger is known to have natural deodorant property that helps eliminate toxins and eliminate sweaty feet. Mash some fresh ginger root and rub the ginger paste all over the feet. Allow the ginger mask to remain on the feet for about 30 minutes and wash it off afterwards.
- How to get rid of Stinky Feet through Natural and Home remedies!
- How to Cure Smelly Feet
- How to Stop Feet from Sweating
- Effective Home Remedies on How to get rid of Foot odor.
- How to Prevent Sweaty Hands
- How to Stop Armpit Sweating with Baking Soda!
- A Cure to Smelly Feet that Actually Works
- Get Rid of Sweaty Hands and Feet Using Simple Remedies. Sounds Good? Here’s What You Need to Do.
- How to Prevent Sweaty Armpits
- Can You Cure Sweaty Hands Without Resorting to Surgery?
- Why Are My Hands Always Sweaty?
- How to Stop Sweaty Hands
- Botox as a Treatment for Hyperhidrosis on Feet
- How to get rid of Sweaty Hands Naturally?
- How to Remove Sweat Stains from Clothes?