Though sweating is a normal body’s mechanism to reduce body’s heat and to cool down there are some individuals who actually sweat a lot more than normal. Excessive sweating also known as hyperhidrosis is a medical condition where an individual perspires excessively than others. Excessive hand or palm sweating is called as palmar hyperhidrosis. Palmer hyperhidrosis can be primary or secondary. Primary palmar hyperhidrosis may start during early adolescent and secondary sweating may start during later stage of life due to some medical conditions such as diabetes.
Most of the individuals may ask can you cure sweaty hands without restoring to surgery. Well, the answer is yes. In fact surgery is considered as the last option for treating sweaty hands because of its controversial and proven side-effects. There are many natural and home remedies to treat sweaty hands effectively.
Can you cure sweaty hands without restoring to surgery?
This question is very common among individuals who suffer from palmar hyperhidrosis. Even though hand sweating is not life-threatening, it can be distressing. Some of the curative methods for sweaty hands are discussed below-
- Iontopheresis- This involves the use of water and electrical current to conduct slight electrical current to pass through the hands. When you place your hands in a tray full with water, electricity is passed into the metal plates and the water. It works to shock the sweat glands and block the pores thereby, stopping sweat production. Iontopheresis is the best therapy on can you cure sweaty hands without restoring to surgery.
- Black tea bag treatment- Black tea contains certain antiperspirant properties called as tannic acid. Boil 1 quarter of water in a pan and pour this hot boiled water over the regular black tea bags (4 to 5) in a bowl. Steep the tea bags for 5 to 10 minutes. Cool the mixture. Then soak your hands (feet can also be soak) in steeped tea bags solution for 20 to 30 minutes, remove and dry. Tea treatment works to stop or reduce sweaty hands by clogging the sweat pores that causes sweat. It is effective treatment but provides only temporary sweat relief. You can repeat this process daily at night for a week depending on the extent of the condition.
- Epsom salts- Combine spoons of Epsom salt with hot water (tolerable) and use your hands to soak in it for 30 minutes every night. This is another method on can you cure sweaty hands without restoring to surgery.
- Dust your hands- You can dust some alum powder over the sweaty palms as soon as you wake up in the morning to eliminate sweat throughout the day. Alum works by blocking the pores thus, preventing excessive hand sweating. A mild talcum powder or cornstarch can also be dust over the palms too to eliminate sweat.
- Boric acid- You can sprinkle few ounces of boric acid into hand cotton gloves and put on the gloves for 48-72 hours. Later remove the gloves and wash the hands thoroughly with soap and water. This treatment is effective in treating severe sweaty hands.
- Antiperspirant- Use a thin coat of antiperspirant (containing aluminum chloride) to the palms before going to bed at night. Repeat this process every night it will prevent sweaty hands.
- How to get rid of Sweaty Hands Naturally?
- How to Prevent Sweaty Hands
- Why Are My Hands Always Sweaty?
- How to Stop Sweaty Hands
- Get Rid of Sweaty Hands and Feet Using Simple Remedies. Sounds Good? Here’s What You Need to Do.
- How to Cure Smelly Feet
- What’s the Best Cure for Excessive Facial Sweating?
- Hyperhidrosis Surgery Side Effects
- How to Stop Hands from Sweating
- A Cure to Smelly Feet that Actually Works