Well I hear people say that when your hands sweat they make the palm itchy and the itchiness is an indication of getting some BIG bucks. Well if it didn’t work for you, get rid of the sweat to stay dry and fresh.
Here’s an insight to how to stop hands from sweating using simple remedies.
- Every time you notice your palms perspiring just dust some cornstarch powder, it will almost instantly soak up the sweat and keep your palms fresh. You could also use the commercially available talc. The ones with flavor can soak up the sweat leaving behind a fresh fragrance. But be cautious sometimes using powders can worsen the situation if your skin is allergic to the chemical components of the talc. Stop and switch over to some other method or look for a dermatologist.
- A clean handkerchief might be the thing you’re looking for when your palms are soaking up papers and files you touch. You can also use alcohol wipes for convenience in case you don’t want to pile up hankies that need to be thoroughly washed before you use them again.
- Stay away from sweat triggers like spicy food, booze, garlic, onions, coffee etc.
- Apple cider vinegar is known to be the best home remedy for treating sweating hands. Just dip your hands in apple cider vinegar solution for about 30 min and then wash your hands thoroughly with soap and notice the difference.
- Another effective measure to stop hands from sweating especially the palms is to use boric acid powder. You may have some with you for driving away pests in your garden. Get hold of a pair of neat white gloves and sprinkle some boric acid powder into it and wear them on for about 2 days removing them when necessary. On the 3 rd day take them off and wash your hand in warm water using an anti bacterial soap. Boric acid is very effective in soaking up sweat. You could replace boric acid powder with alum powder though these methods give only short relief from the menacing sweat.
- You can make use of oral medications to drive away the sweat of your hands. Since most of them are not available as over the counter drugs you may need a medical prescription to purchase them. But the effort may be worth it. If you feel your psychological stress is the reason for excessive sweating then consult a doctor and ask for anti-depressants.
- If you’re tired of your soppy hands then you could avail some long term treatment like the Iontophoresis, endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy and botox injections.
Iontophoresis: It involves sending electric impulses to the involved areas by keeping your hands dipped in water for about 15-20 min. About 4 to 5 sessions should be good enough for you to notice the change. But remember this method should not be resorted by pregnant women and heart patients.
Botox Treatment: In this treatment about 50 units of botox, a muscle poison is injected in different spots on the palm which effectively block the neurotransmitters that stimulate sweat production. This is known to give you relief from sweat for about 5 – 6 months.