What are Sweaty hands?
The medical term for sweaty hands is Palmar Hyperhidrosis. The excessive sweating which usually occurs in the hands is referred as sweaty hands or palmar hyperhidrosis. Sweaty hands can be accompanied by excessive sweating on the underarms, face and feet.
Symptoms of sweaty hands:
- Peeling of the skin can be found in profusely sweaty hands.
- Sweaty hands can be differed from mild condition to severe sweating of hands.
- Dryness of hands due to excessive sweaty hands (palms).
- Temperature differences between the other areas of the body and the surface of the hand (palms).
Causes for sweaty hands:
- Undiagnosed food: Undiagnosed foods such as-dairy, gluten and wheat can cause sweaty hands.
- Thyroid problem: People who are suffering from thyroid problem-hyperthyroidism experiences heart palpitations, anxiety and sweaty hands.
- Deficiencies in vitamin and minerals: People who usually consume junk food (containing preservatives and fast food) tend to suffer from vitamin and mineral deficiencies. These types of deficiencies will cause sweaty hands. The other common deficiencies are-zinc deficiency, calcium deficiency and vitamin D deficiency.
- Lymphatic congestion: In every day to day life, we are affected by toxins through the food, water and air. When the toxins affect our body, then our body starts to react by releasing sweats. This also leads to sweaty hands.
- Primary Palmar hyperhidrosis: In Primary Palmar hyperhidrosis, the profuse sweat affects a localized part of the body such as-hands, feet and underarms. This type of hyperhidrosis is caused due to sympathetic nervous system performing over activity (anger and fear).
- Secondary Palmar hyperhidrosis: Secondary Palmar hyperhidrosis causes sweaty hand due some of the following medical disorders-
- Peripheral autonomic neuropathy (neurological disorder).
- Infections such as tuberculosis and AIDS (HIV virus).
- Glomus tumor.
- Complex regional pain syndrome.
- Primary hypertrophic osteoarthropathy.
- Dyskeratosis congenita.
Remedies for sweaty hands:
- Apple cider vinegar: Mix apple cider vinegar with water and soak your hands in that solution before going to bed. This will control sweaty hands.
- Zinc: Consuming food which contains zinc will help in preventing sweaty hands. These foods are-roasted pumpkin seeds, lamb, peanuts, sesame tahini and veal oil.
- Sage tea: Sage tea contains tannic acid which controls sweats. Soaking hands in sage tea for 30 minutes will prevent your hands from sweating.
- Milk thistle: If consuming processed food is the cause of your sweaty hands then try drinking the milk thistle. This way you can control hands from sweating.
- Lotion: Using natural or organic lotion can be a great help to prevent your sweaty hands as well as you body.
- Avoid stress: Stress also causes sweaty hands so to avoid stress you need to calm yourself down. Like by doing meditation and yoga you can control sweaty hands.
Avoid spicy food: Cut down your eating habits which include spicy food items and beverages (containing caffeine) like coffee and alcohol as well. This way you can protect your hands from sweating.
- How to get rid of Sweaty Hands Naturally?
- Get Rid of Sweaty Hands and Feet Using Simple Remedies. Sounds Good? Here’s What You Need to Do.
- How to Prevent Sweaty Hands
- How to Stop Sweaty Hands
- Would Men Date a Woman with an Excessive Sweating Problem?
- How to Stop Hands from Sweating
- How to Prevent Sweaty Armpits